In 1988, MARS Company developed the THRUST BUSTER hose diffuser as a safety device for use with field water meter testers. The device adds a level of safety to the operator and surrounding property by eliminating the thrust associated with loose hoses lying on the ground. The unit is not a metering device. It is used to reduce the force of flowing water from fire hydrants or hose lines to control erosion and direct the flow pattern safely. THRUST BUSTER is recommended for all field-testing or water main flushing operations in which unsecured hoses are used to direct water flow.
The 30 Degree Up Angle is designed to achieve a higher degree of protection on water disbursement from the flushing of Fire Hydrants to protect pre-maturing erosion from happening.
* Fire hose safety device
* Prevents side thrust to hydrants
* Field test water meters without securing hoses
* Reduces stream velocity more than 50%
* Available in several sizes
* Fusion coated in high visibility yellow materials
* Schedule 40 steel
* Type 11 fusion nylon coating
* NST bronze female firehose fitting